WAFA India 2020 - Highlights of Jaipur
Highlights of Jaipur
Our 8 night/10 day Highlights of Jaipur programme has been designed to suit both WAFA competitors and flower fans who simply want to experience this spectacular highlight of the floral calendar. Based at the 5* Hilton Jaipur, our meticulously planned itinerary will give you a fascinating insight into this historic and vibrant city.
Below is a brief overview of this programme. We would be delighted to send you the full itinerary, either as a PDF or a printed brochure.
Known as the ‘pink city’ because of the colour of the local sandstone, Jaipur is an exciting blend of busy markets, historic buildings and hidden temples, set against the majestic backdrop of Amber Fort. You will visit all the landmark sites during your time here.
Amber - The ancient capital of the Rajput Empire boasts magnificent palaces and temples and is dominated by the stronghold of Amber Fort. You will make the final part of the climb by jeep.
Hawa Mahal - (The Palace of the Winds) Constructed in 1799 by the poet-king Pratap Singh, this five storey, pink sandstone structure has 356 intricately-carved windows from which the women of the Royal Family could look out, unobserved, on life on the street below.
City Palace - A beautiful fusion of Mughal and Rajput architecture, the palace is still home to the last ruling Royal Family
Other highlights include a tour of the locations featured in the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and its spin off TV series, block printing, carpet weaving and bangle making demonstrations and an early morning visit to the bustling – and fragrant – Jaipur Flower Market. Sacks filled with brilliantly coloured flower heads, aromatic spices and fresh vegetables are traded here and the air is full of the heady scent of roses, marigolds, coriander and mint.
Our itinerary also includes two full days at WAFA (we have arranged transport to and from the Digi Palace), with two additional days for you to spend as you wish. WAFA competitors will need this time for set up, but those not taking part can choose between attending the opening day, exploring the surrounding area on one of our optional tours*, or simply relaxing at the hotel. There is another free day on the penultimate day of the programme.
*We offer optional tours to the traditional village of Samode with its famous fort and haveli (a traditional town house or mansion built around a courtyard); the Hindu Birla Temple; the Museum and Royal Garden of Jaipur; Bagru, famous for its block printing, and the village of Pushkar, home to the renowned Brahma Temple set on one of India’s most sacred lakes. (Please note, these trips carry an additional cost.)
5* Hilton Jaipur
You will be staying at this luxurious and stylish contemporary hotel close to the city’s key sites. The modern guest rooms all come with WI-FI, mini bars and elegant bathrooms. There are plenty of other places to unwind at the hotel too, including a spa, pool, bar and rooftop lounge. There are also two restaurants serving a choice of contemporary Indian and global cuisine.
The tour is suitable for those competing in WAFA
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT FLIGHT UPGRADES:
- If you wish to add either Premium Economy or Upper Class upgrades to your Virgin Flights you must request these at the time of booking
- At booking, there is an additional deposit charge of £250pp - places are limited and we will be treating requests on a first-come-first-serve basis (if you are paying online we will contact you for the additional amount)
- Final costs for upgrades will be confirmed April 2019 when they are published, should you wish to opt out of having an upgrade you can do so at this time
You might also be interested in the following tours
Request a Call Back / Email
- 8 nights HB at 5* Hilton Jaipur
- 2 lunches
- Return flights from London Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic
- Services of an accompanying Tour Manager joining at Heathrow along with a local Tour Manager meeting you at Delhi
- Local transfers and travel throughout
- Entrances and visits to all sites
- Premium Lounge Access Delhi Airport
- Assistance on arrival and departure at Jaipur airport
- All Government taxes
- Travel disruption insurance